Mangoes, monkeys and Maggie

Chris and Maggie
in Masindi

Saturday 4 August 2007

Shaving as a spectator sport.

Tuesday was my last day at New Hall Surgery and lots of patients past and present turned up to wish Maggie and I good luck. The highlight of the morning was the shaving of my beard of 36 years. I had never thought of shaving as a spectator sport but over a hundred people waited to see whether I really was a chinless wonder.
It was all a good humored affair and entirely painless thank goodness. Every one including Maggie and me were surprised to see what was under all that beard.
Maggie had been worried after all these years whether she would remember what I looked like.
It was a good way to finish 28 years at the surgery. Every one had a great time and I got to say a final farewell to lots of old friends. It was very disruptive of the work that day but once in a lifetime for me. I am now trying to grow the beard back.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: