Mangoes, monkeys and Maggie

Chris and Maggie
in Masindi

Saturday 7 March 2009

We'll be back

We are in the UK at the present catching up with old friends and preparing for Becky's wedding. We do not have e mail access so this is from an internet cafe in Edinburgh. I am taking a breather while Maggie searches for the elusive "just right hand bag" to go with the "have I bought the right one wedding out fit".
We are fine and have had a great time since arriving. Maggie refuses to allow me to post any of the hen night photos.She made an ace roller skater. We had a really good week end with the family. Hull was good. I did a short couple of surgeries to remind myself what it is like to be able to prescribe stuff and know the patient will get it. We also gave a presentation to friends and ex patients about Uganda and the Miirya Project and raised a further £1000.
We are returning to Uganda the end of March.
PS I hear that TB drugs have been found in Masindi so the 5 patients I left desperate for treatment should have started.

2 comments:

Mrs Keyzer Like Laser said...

Hi guys,
Got a message from Liv that you said hello and have been in UK. Would be great to come and visit you maybe in Masindi if we are out that way when in Uganda?
Only 4 weeks to go now, getting excited.
Rowan and Neil.

Unknown said...

Just caught up with 3 months of blogs - still fascinating! Makes my problems seem very small - especially after a good report! Thanks for all the support - I did appreciate it. Sorry to have missed you in uk but at least you caught up with the famous Freddie!
love to you both

Mari